This recipe is for a quick and easy lunch. These wraps pack so easy, that you’ll be able to take one anywhere. We just took ours on a road trip from Florida to Arkansas. They travel well and are far better for you than standard roadside fare.
Since I live in a sub-tropical climate, we have access to avocados year round. I take full advantage of that fact and eat them all up, as often as possible! They are a good source of potassium, vitamin C and fiber! Get your avocados out and let’s get started.
Hmm, did I forget to mention that the wrap also has tofu in it? Well, it does. Did you know that tofu is an excellent source of calcium and iron? Now you do! The tofu ups the protein of the avocado salad mix. More protein means you stay fuller, longer. I chose the sun dried tomato wraps this time, but any tortilla will do.
Step one – open and drain the tofu. Pat it dry with paper towels and set it aside.
Step two – cut 2 avocados in half and remove the pits.
Step 3 – Scoop out the innards and dump them into a medium sized bowl.
Step 493 – Cut your lime in half.
Using one half of the lime, (save the other half for a margarita) squeeze the juice over the avocados and mash lightly.
Grab that tofu. You only need 8 ounces, so cut it in half and save the other half for something else.
Slice it into about 6 slices.
Then, crumble the slices over the avocado in the bowl.
Mash it all up, again.
Now, get out the red onion and cut off a chunk. Then, dice up about 1/4 cups worth.
Add the onion, 1/4 cup of mayo, 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon of pepper into the bowl.
Mix all the ingredients together until they are well combined. Nobody wants a big wad of onions in the middle of their wrap.
Take out 6 tortillas and heat them according to the package instructions. Lay one flat and spread 1/2 cup of salad mix along the bottom edge.
Fold the edges in, like this –
then, roll it up.
All done! Plate it up with a nice, kosher, dill pickle and some yummy, veggie chips and ring the dinner bell. Lunch is served.
- 8 oz of firm tofu
- 2 avocados
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package of tortillas
- Open and drain the tofu. Pat dry. Cut into 6 slices. Set aside.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit. Scoop out middle into a medium size bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over and smash lightly. Take each tofu slice and crumble into the bowl with the avocado. Smash lightly.
- Add in the diced red onion, mayonnaise, curry powder, salt & pepper. Combine well.
- Remove 6 tortillas and warm according to package instructions. Place a ½ cup of avocado salad along one edge, tuck sides in and fold over, envelope style.
- Serve with a hearty pickle and some chips. Enjoy.